Start Date: 9/8/2020 8:00 AM EDT
End Date: 9/21/2020 11:45 PM EDT
Event Website: www.aifd.org
*Please be advised that there is a textbook required for the online courses, “The AIFD® Guide to Floral Design: Terms, Techniques, and Traditions.” It is available online, click here to order. Please make sure that you order it prior to the class start date so that you will have the book when the class begins.
Online Course Cost
*Please Note: As a part of the AIFD® COVID-19 Relief Package to support our AIFD® and CFD® members in maintaining their credentials, we are granting FREE access to the AIFD® Online Courses through 2020. We will offer these same courses to Non-Members through 2020 at the discounted member rate of $79.
Introduction to Floral Design
(Online Course 1)
Objectives for the Introduction to Floral Design Course
This course is designed to acquaint the student with basic information about the floral industry, including:
1. Origins from a historical perspective
2. Basic floristry tools, supplies and mechanics
3. Identification of commonly used cut flowers/foliage and plants
4. Overview of the American Institute of Floral Designers™ (AIFD®)
It is important to review all the provided materials, as many of the other AIFD® online courses and workshops build upon the information provided in this course.
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
1. Recall major historical periods that influenced the development of the art of floral design.
2. Recall the proper procedure for use of floral foam and basic container set-up (mechanics).
3. List the steps to membership in the American Institute of Floral Designers™.
4. List the basic supplies and tools needed for proper creation of professional floral designs.
5. Recall the names (common or botanical) of the provided list of commonly used cut flowers and foliage.
Time frame for the Introduction to Floral Design: est. 145-230 minutes